Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Restaurant Shopping

A while back I decided to try my hand at shopping a a restaurant supply store.  I had heard that there were wonderful deals to be had on ramekins, glasses, and storage pieces.  So I decided to take a trip into the big city.  The first shop we tried was more like a gourmet store.  And the prices reflected that.  I asked if they had the screw on lid for growing sprouts, which they didn’t.  They did have a ton of Himalayan salt though. 

The next place we tried was fully of oddities.  Do you know what this is?

IMAG0048

It’s some sort of stove for a wok! 

IMAG0049

And I wish I had gotten a better photo of this.  It’s a girmous rice cooker.

I didn’t really come way with any ramekins, glasses, and storage pieces though.  I found some skewers and three pairs of tongs.  Not much for my trip into the big city.  My shopping buddy got some cool storages containers but I was too afraid of BPA.  Have you ever tried shopping at a restaurant supply?

No comments: