Friday, January 13, 2012

Pinspiration: Christmas Tree Branch Ornament

lulabellsdaughter Christmas Tree Branch Ornament

What was crafting like before Pinterst?  Honestly, I’m not sure.  I feel just like I did when I first discovered Martha Stewart Living.  Changed!  Here is the latest pin-tastic craft that I’ve conquered! 

After dragging the tree to the back porch I told my husband tat I needed him to cut off a section of the base.  After about 2 minutes of that he came back in and told me that it was my turn.  So, out I went, grabbed the jig and immediately knew why he didn’t want to do it.  I felt like I was in one of those chairs at the pedi-place that had went crazy.  So I did what any crazed reasonable crafter would do.  I drug it to the edge of the porch and sat on the tree as I continued to cut.  And why did I do that?  1)  There hasn’t been a day where I let something like that stop me and 2)  To show my husband that I can do it.  And I did.  And I’m glad that I didn’t stop, because I love it!  I let it set out for a week because I’m lazy like that and I had packed up everything already because I need to let the pine sap come out.  After trying to whip away the sap and successfully getting it all over myself, I screwed in these 7/8” cup hooks that I found in the hardware section at Target.  The directions said to predrill a hole, but pine is a soft wood so I just screwed them in by bruit force.  Then I took a Elmer’s paint pen and wrote the year.  And viola! 

And here is the inspiration:


Linked on Today's Creative Blog!

1 comment:

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

What a cute idea! Pinterest is a great place for inspiration! It will keep you busy! Great idea!