Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thrift Score: Atlanta I Love Thrifting Edition

Last Saturday I went on a thrifting adventure!  I have been scouring Craig's List, consignment stores, and antique markets for a cabinet to fit in our kitchen with no luck.  So when I saw that Rhoda of Southern Hospitality was hosting an  I Love Thriftying Party, I had to go.  Maybe it would be just the thing to break my bad luck.


source: Southern Hospitality

We visited several stores and then stopped for lunch.  It was so much fun seeing what the other ladies bought and visiting!  I can’t wait to go again.  Go check out Rhoda’s post here!

You know what?  I didn’t take one photo during the trip.  Not one.  I was too busy shopping!  Here is one that Rhoda took.  Do you see what I see?


source: Southern Hospitality

Those wonderful metal planters!  Only $7 a piece!  Didn’t notice them.  Don’t worry, I only saw them on my second trip around, and no one else noticed either.  But after I purchased them they got a lot of comments.   

I had so much fun on the trip!  I always wonder how experienced thriftiers shop, and now I know!  And it was so neat to see the things the others had picked out that I didn’t notice. 

Here is my loot ya’ll!

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 002

The chair was only $10, and is destined to either be re-caned by Lula Bell or made into a planter for my front porch. 

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 003

That’s right.  Couldn’t pass up the milk glass.  That Pyrex dish is a little faded, but still cute and useable.
 
2011-07-09 2011-07-09 013

Or this little sewing themed dish.  Perfect for a pin holder next to Birgita.

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 008

I didn’t almost pass on these books from the 50’s, but just couldn’t.  Even though the price was a little high, I thought.  I think they were $1.90 a piece.  Remember when used hard backs were $0.50?

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 010

The bowl and little pot are for a play kitchen I’m working on.  The muffin pan was for a chalk paint pallet.  All those little trash cans came wrapped up in a plastic bag.  I didn’t really know what I was getting, but when I  saw galvanized metal I snatched them up.   Not sure what they will become, but look how cute!

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 012

And last but not lease, here are the planters!  The best find of the day I think.

2011-07-09 2011-07-09 005

They have already found a place inside.  The first one turned this . . .

2011-07-14 2011-07-14 002

Into this!

2011-07-14 2011-07-14 003

The plant needs to be repotted I think, so I will find a bigger pot to fit in it, but I still love the effect. 
The other went above our entertainment center to be filled later.  But I love it!

2011-07-14 2011-07-14 006

Think you so much Rhoda, Mr. Goodwill Hunting, and the lovely ladies who attended!  I had loads of fun!

linked up at:

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

6 comments:

Lana K. W. Austin said...

Oh, you got some great finds!!!!! I love those little metal cans and your planters and the chair and...well...ALL of it!!!

Hugs,
Lana

Kelli @ RTSM said...

You got some awesome stuff! I love the metal planters and those little trash cans are adorable!

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

Thanks for stopping by Our Life's Legacy! I will totally try the vinegar cookies at some point. They're too interesting to pass up!

You scored some great stuff. Love that birdie pyrex. :)

B.B. said...

Hi, I am happy to find your blog! I love your treasures! The metal cans are great! I also love your sewing dish! It was so nice to meet you. I look forward to our Scott's Antique Market trip!

Life Of A Southern Couple - Brittany said...

You did really good!! We just went for our first time to some yard sales Saturday. The little metal cans are so cute!!!

http://lifeofasoutherncouple.blogspot.com/

B. Roberts said...

Wonderful finds!!