Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Me and Birgita

Remember when I made the trip to Craft Market and picked up this?

2010-11-22 2010-11-22 019

And was so tickled that this was inside?

2010-11-22 2010-11-22 020

Well, it got me thinking about my relationship with Birgita.  In fact, chapter two is titled You and Your Machine A Love Story.  When I first got her, I had never used a sewing machine before.  Ever.  At.  All.  In fact when I got her, I didn’t even know what I was looking for in a machine.  I always to a lot of research before I make a large purchase, but one day my mother-in-law said, “Lisa, if you keep waiting to find the perfect machine than you will never buy one.”  And she was probably right.  But we had a lot a bumps along the way . . . and a lot of things that just didn’t turn out

After looking through the first couple of pages of Stitch by Stitch, I realized that I should have had this book when I first got Birgita.  It would have saved me a lot of tears and frustration early on.  I was hoping that by now I would have worked my way through the book, but that (like my blog) has been neglected.  I hope that I can start working on that soon.  In fact, I might try to give myself a challenge and dedicate a whole month to it.  That way I will have to do it right?  Maybe after I finish sharing all the projects that I still have on my list. 

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

The skirt on the front is beautiful! I love that style of skirt -- so flattering.