Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where ya been?

A whole month.  It’s been a whole month since I have been able to post.  I have thought for a week now about pushing things aside, and actually writing a post.  But it’s been a little like getting the nerve up to contact an old friend.  Sometimes you aren’t quite sure what to say to explain why you haven’t stayed in touch.  But the simple truth of the matter is that sometimes life has a way of butting in.  Forcing itself in the middle of everything.  When that happens, after everything has blown over (or mostly over), its time to look around and take stock of the damage.  And to evaluate what you need to do next.  That is sort of where I am. 

All of this life induced chaos has caused me to reflect on my one word resolution, Harvest.  When I chose that as my word, I was hoping it would be a reminder to enjoy life, especially the little moments and to focus on my family.  Instead, recently I have been reminded to be mindful of what we sew.  Our words are seeds that we plant in our relationships.  God has a funny way sometimes of teaching us our lessons.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.  “To everything there is a season . . .” 

IMAG0155

(sprout seeds)

2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough time. I hope things get better!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Hi Lisa, How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and tried to send an email, but it bounced back. Hope you're ok.