Monday, January 17, 2011

Vinegarizing my Swiffer

I love using my Swiffer Wet Jet.  Especially for spot cleaning.  I don’t like how some of the cleaning solution would leave a residue on my floor.  I already use vinegar and water for my counters, so I was excited when I found out you could use it in your Swiffer too!  Here is how!

First I took an empty Swiffer solution container.  I removed the label to make sure I kept it separate from my containers with regular cleaner it them. 

2011-01-14 2011-01-14 005

Then I turned it upside down in a cup of hot water.  You leave it in for a few minutes and then screw off the lid!  Now you can fill it with your vinegar and water solution!  You could probably put anything you want in it, but I’ve only used vinegar and water.  If after letting it sit in the water you still can’t get the lid off, try hotter water.  I just used mine as hot as the tap would get it. 

2011-01-14 2011-01-14 013

2 comments:

Richelle said...

Love this idea! Do you use a half and half mixture of vinegar and water?

lisa said...

I guess I should have mentioned that part. I use about a 1:1 mix, but really I just eyeball it. I also use vinegar and water to clean my counters and my windows. WM has a spray bottle that has the different measures on the side that works wonderful! Another tip is to use old newspapers instead of paper towels when you clean your glass or mirrors. It doesn’t leave as much lint or streaks!