Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Patch of Pumpkin Pancakes

So what do you have for breakfast on Halloween?  Pumpkin Pancakes of course!

2010-10-31 2010-10-31 002

We have made these several times.  I say we because I make the mix and Hubs cooks them.  De-Lesh-Us!  I would love to share the recipe on here, but I got it from a a cookbook, The Pancake Handbook, Specialties from Bette’s Oceanview Diner.  Yes.  Our family has a whole cookbook just for pancakes.  That’s how we roll!  If you like pancakes this is a good book to have. 

This is the first time that we tried to make them in a pumpkin shape!  Usually Hubs does a special initial pancakes, but after see this guy on Rachael Ray and Craft, how could we not try it.  He has totally raised the cupcake bar. 

2010-10-31 2010-10-31 003

I bought 2 Wilton plastic candy melt bottles to make these.  The only problem was that because this is a special batter with pumpkin pie filling, it was a little hard to squeeze out of the bottle.  I put a small amount that had been mixed with green food coloring in the bottle to make the tops.  I thought about trimming the nozzle to make the opening bigger, but decided against it.  This is for sure going to be a new family tradition for us!

No comments: