Friday, September 17, 2010

Yellow shirt day and a freezer stencil

 2010-09-15 2010-09-15 015

I stinking LOVE this shirt.  We had to have a yellow shirt for school, and of course there were none in the closet.  So we stopped by and picked up a Garanimals shirt from WM, which I love.  (It’s hard to beat a shirt for $3.50, and these are super soft.  The only thing is, they don’t always keep the plain t-shirts in stock.  This one was long sleeved which is fine, but I would love to have plain short sleeves in small sizes available year round.  Especially since I’m a procrastinator.  I hated that the only ones left this summer were sleeveless shirts.  Yuk!)  Then I waited.  I couldn’t think of a single thing that I could put on a boys shirt that went with yellow!  Finally the night before I thought of this rebel symbol.  I love it!  I used the freezer paper stencil technique and Tulip paint.  I wish I could have thought ahead and did two coats of paint, because since I’ve washed it I see a little space that has cracked.  It’s only one little spot, and I think it was me and not the paint. 

Now that I’ve painted it though, I’ve had all sorts of great ideas!  Batman, Wall-e,  and Tonka trucks!  Why didn’t I think of those?  We may have to make another trip to WM for shirts.

1 comment: