Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Attack of the Caterpillar

 

2010-09-17 2010-09-17 009

When I saw this sign, I should have known better.  We went on a group trip to an apple orchard Friday, and as luck would have it a stinging caterpillar fell on my neck.  Not knowing what it was,  I wiped my neck with a baby wipe.  Yeah, not a good idea.  There were black hairs on the wipe, but I thought they must have been from the baby goats (see below).  It took me two hours to figure out what it was that had ‘bit’ me.  Needless to say I have spots all across my neck from where I spread the poison, and you can see where the caterpillar landed.  I finally started feeling better yesterday.  It’s funny how such a small thing can make you feel so bad. 

This was another picture I took before the attack.  That is what I would like to say to the caterpillar!

2010-09-17 2010-09-17 024

I was hoping to share to more craft projects I finished last week and to say that I was finished with my Project 30 blanket.  But it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen this week.  Maybe after I get everything straightened up around here from my recuperation (read sleeping all day Saturday and moping Sunday) I will have more to share.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh my soul! I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm hurting for you! Hope you are feeling better now! ♥

Liz Owen said...

Ack! I remember running into some of those on the playground in elementary school. Hurts like the dickens, I'm sorry!