Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Very Busy Indeed

  So, it seems I still haven’t been able to keep up with my posts.  That’s because I’ve still been busy.  No, not crafting, although I have been working on my Project 30 quilt (hopefully it will be done this week Samantha!).  I have been making weekly (and sometimes bi-weekly trips to the farmer’s market.  I was hoping to buy a bunch of veggies to can, but don’t quite trust my skills yet.  So some of theses goodies were put in the freezer.  And some were eaten. 

2010-08-11 2010-08-11 001

But those peaches got made into this!  Peach Butter!  My first time canning by myself ever!  And it’s delicious. 

2010-08-21 2010-08-21 012
























I decided to go back and get more peaches, but don’t you know it in the middle of canning the power when out from one of those delightful summer thunderstorms.  When I tried to start up again, I scorched the peaches.  Did I mention that my first attempt was with a basket so I decided to try a bushel.  Yes.  I scorched a bushel of peaches.  So, I picked up some more Saturday.  Hopefully, this next back will turn out as good as the first.  So if you don’t hear from me for a while, it’s because I’m knee deep in peaches!

No comments: