Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Project Runway Season 8

I totally missed the premiere!  I didn’t know that it was coming on yet.  I was thinking I had lots of time before the next season and then Wham-O!  If it hadn’t been a heads up from Made I wouldn’t even know that’ it’s on.

I decided to watch it today.  I love the beginning.  Trying to decided who you are going to like.  Who is going to be the first one off.  I love one of the designers said that they were going to be afraid they were going to be rooming with an old woman who didn’t know anything.  Then you meet Peach who is 50.  I liked her right away.  I hope me saying that isn’t the kiss of death for her.  She said that she designs for Ladies who Lunch.  That’s me!

I love watching this online, because I don’t have to watch all the commercials.  And what an episode!  All I have to say is Yikes!  If you want to watch the episode for yourself stop reading here.
I don’t understand why they gave Peach’s toile pants such a hard time.  I think they were called something rural.  Why is that a bad thing?  Is that not most of America?  I thought that was a very elitist statement.  Everything doesn’t have to be deconstructed, or modern, or whatever hip term they use.  I really hope rural kicks some h*!! to the A!

I have an idea for a special Project Runway season.  Why not have a competition against the designers that were kicked off first?  I always wonder what could  they have done.  Maybe it was just the first design was bad, and then after that it would have been complete amazing masterpieces.  Not surprisingly I think they made the wrong choices.  Why is is that the keep the designer that showed the least modesty? 
I’m also a little sad that it doesn’t seem like they are doing the fantasy game this season!  Boo!  If you watch Project Runway, who is your favorite (or least favorite) designer?

No comments: