Friday, June 18, 2010

Amaretto Fruit Dip

2010-05-24 2010-05-24 006


I know this might be a weird picture, but it was a lot better than it looks.  Someone was weird with the last apples that I bought.  They were a little mealy.  And some of them were red when I peeled them.  But when I  saw this recipe I knew that it would be perfect for these.  But like every time I follow a recipe, I gave up half way and started guessing at measurements.  And you know what?  It turned out REALLY good! 

The inspiration came from Let’s Explore.  Here is what I did.
  • 1 package of cream cheese straight out of the refrigerator
  • about 2/3 brown sugar ( or what hadn’t formed into a hard block)
  • a splash of vanilla extract
  • a little bigger splash of almond extract . . . because I like it
Not totally like the originally, but really really good.  I think this would go great on cupcakes!  Give it a try!

No comments: