Saturday, May 15, 2010

Did you know I could build furniture? . . . Me neither!

Well, I thought it would be better to go ahead and share this project.  I thought that if I went ahead and said what I was doing that I would have more motivation to finish it . . . unlike  some of the other projects that start it the basement.   Like that rocking chair that you can see in the back ground.  It is finally finished, after at least two years.  And all I had to do was put it together and spray paint.
 
2010-05-14 2010-05-14 001


So what am I doing you ask?  Well, I am attempting to make a Toddler Farmhouse Bed from Knock-Off Wood.  (I just wanted to add that I first saw this site from Samantha when she made a super cute bench.)

Have I ever made anything before, well . . . not really.  I have made a hearth cover, but nothing really in the line of true furniture.  In fact this is the first time I have successfully used a hammer (successfully used very loosely.  See below)! 

2010-05-15 2010-05-15 016


Don’t all serious contractors have blood blisters? 

Anyway, the pile of wood was yesterday evening work.  And below is what I had by the end of today.  A more experienced furniture builder would probably be finished by now.  A more experienced builder wouldn’t have had to make three trips to the hardware store already, and would have known that you can’t leave your drill battery plugged in all the time.  And an experienced builder would have known how to countersink screws.  Needless to say the nice hardware salesman and I are becoming fast friends. 

2010-05-15 2010-05-15 001


Tomorrow I will be done!  Hopeful wishing? 

2010-05-15 2010-05-15 012

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Can't wait to see it! Sounds like a very fun project!