Friday, May 28, 2010

Cribs, Highchairs, Etc.

2010-05-27 2010-05-27 029

I know this doesn’t have anything to do with the post but I hate not having a picture. 

I just found a screw in the floor underneath our high chair.  This irritates me to no end!  I hate . . . no loath our high chair.  As hard as I tried to pick good products on your registry, it seem like I got so many things wrong.  Our high chair was one of them.  It is a fold up one by Graco.  It was great for little littles, but  as soon as the self feeding started it was a disaster.  I am so embarrassed of it, I won’t even take a picture.  The cover has long since retired and now it’s just a seat, but it has so many nooks and crannies for things to get caught in.  Yuk!  I even have an old toothbrush that I use trying to clean it, but it only seems to help a little.  I thought about making my own cover, but there are too many things to factor in to get the fit right.  I’m afraid that is just beyond my skills. 

So anyway, back to the screw.  Luckily I found where it had fallen out from and replaced it.  While I was under there I just decided to check all the screws.  I wonder if that is something your other Moms do.  Have you ever checked your baby gear for loose screws?

I have been thinking about this more since the proposed banning of drop side cribs.  We use a drop side, and I never really thought of it as a possible danger before.  I’m positive that it wasn’t put together wrong, so I know that won't be an issue.  But it was something that I had to put together.  One article I read said that part of the danger with these cribs is that they aren’t put together correctly or that after long use they arn't sturdy any more.  

So what do you guys think?  How do you guys feel about drop sides?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

We have always used them and have never had a problem... I know that doesn't mean that we couldn't have a problem...

Pregnantly Plump said...

Ours is a drop side crib. It's our second, because our first was recalled and had to be returned. I'm not sure we had any option other than drop side, but I would have gone with non-drop-side, because we have NEVER used it. Ever.

lisa said...

I don't think I would be able to put a baby in a crip without the stop side! I'm way to short for that! But besides the really expensive ultra conversion cribs, I don't remember any that weren't drop side either . . .