Sunday, April 18, 2010

Zac Brown Band and Ram Trucks Partner To Help Honor U.S. Soldiers!

Some of ya'll will remember that I use to have Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band playing on my blog.  Although it went perfect with the blog, there was another reason that I wanted to have it here.  It pays tribute to America’s Soldiers.  And I think we just don’t do that enough.

There is also another small reason.  I happen to know Zac.  We haven’t been in touch in a long time, but I’ve gotten the greatest joy watching him become an amazing star, winning Grammies and playing with Jimmy Buffett!  But what I am most proud of is his work with the USO.

In fact Zac and his band are partnering with Ram Trucks to honor U.S. Soldiers!  This is from his website.

Letters for Lyrics Campaign
Starting in May, Zac Brown Band and the Ram Trucks kick off “Letters for Lyrics,” a national campaign with a goal of sending 1 million letters to U.S. soldiers stationed across the world. Participants who write a letter to a U.S. soldier will receive a special compilation CD titled, “Breaking Southern Ground,” while supplies last. This exclusive CD features three all-new songs from Zac Brown Band, as well as music from artists signed to Zac Brown’s label, Southern Ground Records, Sonia Leigh, Nic Cowan and Levi Lowrey.

I’m super excited about this and couldn’t be prouder.  And I really hope ya’ll will take the time to participate.  Saying thanks may not seem like a big thing, but it can mean a lot to a soldier and their family.

To read the post from the Zac Brown Band website follow the link below.

Zac Brown Band - : -

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: