Thursday, March 4, 2010

Freezer Paper Stencil: The Duke

Since I haven’t been feeling up to much lately, I thought this would be a good time to share some of the things on my ‘to blog’ list.  Here are some of my attempts at freezer paper stenciling.  They were for Hubs.  He is a fan of John Wayne.  The first is a copy of a picture that he had hanging on the walls of his bachelor pad when we first started dating.  The first turned out pretty well.

The second was from Roster Cogburn I think. I was trying to do a technique that I read about here. It didn’t turn out well though.

I think that I didn’t let the paint dry or else I was just using the wrong kind.  I want to try it with the Jacquard brand, which is what everyone else seems to be using.  I think this is just Tulip brand.  It works ok, but not so well for this.  When I ironed over it, the paint puffed under the freezer paper.  And it took FOREVER to cut out.

 
I wish I could remember where the images come from.  I have them saved on the computer, but not sure where I found them.  I’ve had problems finding good images.  So if you guys freezer stencil, where do you get or images?  And, even better, what paint do you use?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ooh! We just did some last night!

I wonder why the Tulip paint bubbled for you? I've used Tulip and Speedball screen printing ink. I really like the Speedball, but I only have it in black and red. I'm interested in seeing what you think if you use the Jaquard!