Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chili Chocolate Truffles

 
I have been meaning to share my our Valentine’s gift.  I decided to make chocolate truffle for Hubs.  I got the idea from watching part of an episode of Giada De Laurentiis on food Network.  I tried to find the recipe on their website, but found this one by Emeril Lagasse instead.  I tried a few of Emeril’s recipes and they always turn out well.  I liked this one better than Giada’s anyway, because she used balsamic vinegar in hers.
Well, let me be clear to say that I didn’t follow Emeril’s recipe to the letter.  I decided to mix them . . . sort of.  I used Emeri’s for general measurements.

I chopped up two Lindt Excellence Chili Bars and melted them in a double boiler.  I then poured in about a cup of heavy cream, and whisked until smooth. I then put the bowl into the refrigerator for two hours to set.  After the chocolate was firm, I scooped it into balls and rolled in Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa.  Delish!  And super easy.

The chili in the chocolate bars gave it a little heat, but not too much.  It worked really well.  Hubs said that he wasn’t crazy about the cocoa powder, but I liked it.  He said that he would have liked nuts.  Maybe next year.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: