Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey Hand Print


I know this is late, but really I didn’t get everything I wanted to get done last month. I still thought it was a great idea so. It’s a turkey handprint plaque made from salt dough!

I found the inspiration for it at that artist woman. Actually, it was a mix of two of her projects here and here.



Here is what it looked like before the oven.



And here is the after. I kind of think I baked them too long.



I love the idea of a handprint turkey, but I wish I had a different material. I vaguely remember making these in elementary school. I used Plaid Craft Paint, but some of scratched off. I still have to fix it and then apply a varnish. I realized after making it that I didn’t have anything to set it up with so I made a stand from floral wire. A few twists and couple of bends and there you have it.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: