Monday, November 2, 2009

Spider Mask


This year I decided to attempt this costume from Martha. I think it came off pretty well. (I’ll try to share a picture of the web part of it later!) I decided not to use socks, and instead used the legs from this Martha pattern.

Halfway through making the spider costume, I decided that it was missing something. While long black spider legs are currently very spooky spider, I just thought it wasn’t spider enough. Maybe it was because of my run in with this. Anyway, after remembering finding some sparkly see-through fabric from the remnant section, I decided what it was. A spider mask!

I decided to google spider eye patterns and found the perfect reference site. I decided to model the mask from the male Western Black Widow (Latrodectus hesperus).

I think this turned out really well. And even though it wasn’t worn over the eyes, it defiantly could be. And since I already had the pattern made up, I thought it would be the perfect project to share! I know it’s a little late for Halloween, but I think it would be great for dress up.

And without further adieu





If you have any questions or comments about this project, especially if anything is unclear or seems missing, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.

Also, if you do use this pattern, please leave me a comment letting me know.

Enjoy!

Shared this at A Soft Place to Land's DIY Day!  Made something cool?  Then go enter in the DIY Day, or go check our what other crafters are up to!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

What a great costume! My mom is deathly afraid of spiders, so we gave Little Elvis a fake one to chase her with last night. He didn't know why she was running, but thoroughly enjoyed himself.