Monday, October 5, 2009

First Aid


I made this night before last and couldn’t be happier with it. I have wanted one of these for my bag, but couldn’t decide on the size. The finished bag is about 7.5 x 8, and I used a 7” natural zipper. The cross came out exactly like I wanted, even though I wasn’t sure about it at first. I just cut it out by hand from Osnadburg. I love this stuff. It has a great natural color but it unravels very easy. I knew that it would be a problem, so I just decided to stitch it on with the free motion foot on Birgita. Then I pulled out some of the threads around the edges. It gives it sort of a bandage quality. The cloth on the inside has the perfect little hearts on it. I bought it from WM ages ago, because it reminded me of the skirt on my first Barbie.




Now I have a place to store my Tylenol, bandages, and even thermometer. This thing is great if you have kids, because the red stands out and you can find it in a flash. Well it does in my bag anyway. I’m really happy with it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: