Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What to do

Last week Sarah posted about paper cutting and it couldn’t have been at a better time. I had just heard that an old friend had become ill. When I saw this template at Scherenschnitte I knew it would make the perfect card for her.

This was my first time at paper cutting. I used my MS craft knife. It was easy and hard at the same time. The idea was easy, but cutting through the paper wasn’t. The only solid paper I had was card stock which I think it too heavy. Sarah's looks way better. I just couldn't cut out all those little circles. I love how it turned out though. And I lined the envelope MS style with the extra paper. A lot of work for a card, but hopefully it will do its job and lift her spirits.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's gorgeous though!

I enlarged that pattern quite a bit, the original was really small and too hard for me to cut.

I do try to always use regular paper, not card stock, which I find too hard to cut.

And I do most of my cutting with scissors, I have a pair of fiskars micropoint scissors which are AWESOME. These http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-94767097-Comfort-Micro-Tip-Scissors/dp/B000B7OSRS

(Except I bought mine at a flea market for like $3, wish I had bought more than one!)