Friday, August 21, 2009

Project Runway Season 6: Episode 1 (Spoiler)

Ok, I thought I would share my thoughts on the first episode of Project Runway Season 6. I am so glad that it’s been brought to Lifetime. My first impression is how the cast have seemed to change since the first episode. Where are the Wendy Peppers? Where are the single mom’s? The suburban housewives? This cast looks . . . very fabricated. I’m not sure if this is the work of the show, or what the cast feel that their roll is.

I thought it was very interesting to see two people that were from South Carolina on the show and who had actually meet each other before. Shows that it’s a small world. The first thing I thought when I saw Carol Hannah is that she was wearing peacock feather earrings just like Trina @ http://fabulouslyfrugalicious.blogspot.com/. And then they showed a clip of her saying something stupid and about being from the South. Come on. Really? That’s the clip you had to pick? I thought you were more original Project Runway . . .

Ok, moving on. The first part of the show was mainly introducing the cast and showing a little of their bios. I thought Johnny’s stuff was beautiful. His work stood out to me the most.

I did think it was funny that Heidi said at the roof top meet-and-greet that she loved seeing everyone’s personal style. I was more thinking what is up with all that hair. And doesn’t it seem that although some of designers can make the most beautiful dresses they can’t seem to dress themselves? Not that I can. But then I can’t design like that either.

Christopher really surprised me. I thought he dressed too hip-hop. The baseball cap? His dress was really nice. I loved that he didn’t know was smocking was.

Johnny is proof that we are our own worst enemy. Glad Tim Gunn came to the rescue. I loved the dress, color and all!

Malvin . . . get over yourself.

I loved that Mitchell called Tim Gunn “Mr.Gunn.” L.O.V.E.D. it.

I like Louise. I'm glad they have someone with vintage style this season. I think she will be a lot of fans favorite.

I thought Epperson’s color choice was beautiful, but not sure about the dress.

Mitchell’s dress had great potential. Would love to see it completed. So glad that it wasn’t him that was OUT.

Ra’mon’s dress looked amazingly like Jay McCarrol’s Chrysler building dress to me.

Guest judge Lindsey Lohan? Why?

I do hate that Ari was the first to go. No, I did not like her design, but it was interesting and I would have liked to have seen what she could learn from the other challenges. She might have been a surprise.

I must say that my vote was for Shirin. How cool was that part drape unzip to dress idea! Kind of like Diana Eng’s magnetic skirt! Very original. Very dramatic. I can’t believe that she wasn’t called out to stay on the runway.

And my two favorite garment descriptions from this episode: (regarding Ari’s design)
Tim Gunn: halter diaper
Michael Kors: disco soccer ball

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I didn't get a chance to watch the show, but I read online that Daniel Vosovic won the preshow thingy. I have no idea what he did, but I thought that was great. He's one of my favorite designers on the show ever.