Monday, August 24, 2009

Project Runway: All Star Challenge (Spoiler)

Thanks Meredith, for letting me know about the All Star Challenge! I don’t know how I missed it! I just had to watch it so I found the link on Lifetime here. And if you don’t like the drama skip to Chapter 6. In fact if you missed Episode 1 you can also see it here.

I was pretty excited, although they only had one designer that I liked Mychael Knight. I would love to see Diana Eng again. I don’t think she had an opportunity to really show her design ability. I didn’t know three of the designers, because I wasn’t able to watch those seasons. I might have to see if I can find them online. Maybe after this season is over. I don’t want to get confused, and overloaded.

I’m not sure, but I think I like Chris. He seams real mild mannered, except for a few name drops. And naps. Let’s face it, some people sleep under pressure, and I would probably drop those names too!

Santino laughs like a very loud scary bird. I don’t know why I didn’t catch that before. Jeffery not giving him needles. Awesome! It’s surprising that that jerk is out jerked . . .if that makes since?

Surprise project! I knew it, I knew it! No body trashes a room like designers!

My favorite was Uli. I know that she scored low because the judges thought her designs weren’t showing her, but I thought they were the most wearable. I think that is more how I judge the designs. Artistic-ness has its place, but what’s the point of having an outfit, if you can’t wear it out? Sweet P’s was my second favorite, which isn’t surprising since they were competing for fabrics. It’s no surprise that I loved her color palette either. Heidi said that she usually dresses a little harder so Sweet P’s really wasn’t her taste. I thought that was interesting and a really good description. I think I preferred the opposite. Probably why I don’t like most of Jeffery’s designs.

I was a little surprised by Chris’s look when he finally made it to the runway. You never really got a good look at his designs until that time. The one shot you did get made me think of Lucille Ball. Not in a bad way, but in an elegant vintage sort of way. I was surprised when his models walked out. Was not what I thought we were going to see, but then after his q&a I understood it a little better.

Daniel’s designs. Did not like at all. At all. I didn’t like his fabric choices. I don’t think they falter the female form. Heidi said that it bothered her that one of the models wasn’t wearing a bra. Loved that. And I agree, totally.

Although I don’t care for her attitude, Korto’s restaurant dress was pretty amazing especially from a crafting standpoint. I love the idea of that being the red carpet dress. How cool would that be? Sort of Scarlet drape-dress meets red carpet fashion. Can you image when they asked who they were wearing? Perfect!

Michael Kors calling Sweet P a biker chick? No, I don’t think so. I think he really missed his mark on that one. Tattoos do not equal biker chick. It made him sound a little out dated I thought, which surprises me from a very talented and well known professional designer.

I’m not surprised that Daniel won. After his season, I noticed that he had a of ton web fans. He has a good attitude, and I like that. Although he has a book out and has enjoyed success, it seems to have brought him confidence but not boastfulness. Or entitlement.

And my two favorite garment descriptions from this episode:
Michael Kors: hoochi mamma that walked through garbage (regarding Mychael’s restaurant dress)
Michael Kors: disco swimming pool (regarding Santino’s design)

2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'll have to get around to watching the shows online. My computer time is during naptime, but I've been taking some with Little Elvis as of late and screwing up both of our routines!
I was a big Mychael fan on his season as well. There was one dress he did in a regular competition that was outstanding and they barely showed it and he didn't get selected as a top 3. I'm really surprised Kenley wasn't on the show. She's as combative as Jeffrey and Santino.

lisa said...

I don't know her. Must have been from the two seasons I missed. I HAVE to see if they are online!