Friday, August 7, 2009

Lonely


Yes, that’s right. Something is missing. Can you guess what it is? Do the pins give it away? Or that measuring-thing-a-ma-gig?

Yes, my sewing machine. (I was going for a soft focus ala old Hollywood beauty queen here)

I have a Viking Huskystar C10, and while I lov-haa (I really do) it seems that she has a problem. She likes to get thread wrapped around her bobbin case . . . thing. I know I’m all technical. And while the nice lady at JoAnn’s assured me that I could probably fix the problem myself with a hammer, I decided to send her out for maintenance. Yes, I do like to save money, and yes I am quite handy. However, I don’t like the idea of taking a hammer to my sewing machine no matter how many problems and fits she gives me. You see I know it really isn’t her fault. We all have those little things about us that make us feel like we don’t work properly sometimes, don’t we? I know I do. So off she goes to for a few weeks. I like to think that I’m sending her off to one of those spas where people go to “get centered” and have facials and cleansings and whatever else happens at spas.

(Speaking of cleansings, when I dropped her off the lady commented on how clean she was saying that I would be surprised how messy some machines are when they are brought it. I said something about how I don’t use her that often, and that might be why. No, she assured me, it’s probably because I don’t eat and sew. EAT and SEW! How is that possible? I can’t imagine chomping down an order of fries and pawing my sewing with greasy fingers. I don’t know why but I just pictured dried fry bits stuffed in the machine. Ahhhekkkkk!)

Since I have been thinking about my poor Viking Huskystar, I’ve realized that I never gave her a name! Though I have been given some advice, I am fairly certain that she is a SHE. Why, I don’t know really. Probably because they named her Huskystar, and really would any company ever give that name to a male?
I was thinking that since she is a Viking, I should probably give her a Viking name. I did a search but I all that I came up with (that I could pronounce) was Ingrid. I looked up Old Norse names, but nothing seemed to pop out. Since Husqvarna Viking is supposed to be from Sweden, I thought I would give that a go. The only one that I kind of like is Birgit, but I’m not sure that it really is Swedish. There is also Birgita which is supposed to be Old Norse for help. That’s what a sewing machine is supposed to do right? That is what I’m leaning toward. Any suggestions? This is way harder than I thought.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: