Thursday, July 23, 2009

Antique Market Milkglass

This past weekend I actually got to visit an antique market. They had lots of great things. I realized too late that I should have brought the camera, but really I was too busy looking any way. I was trying to look for galvanized things especially storage, but apparently I’m too cheap. And obviously my reputation is well known because the two ladies I was with both bought me something. Why? Because they were afraid that I would come back empty handed.

See the cute little tray. Love the detail.

And what about this piece? It’s Fenton and really heavy. Usually I don’t like hobnail and I think it’s because when I usually find hobnail pieces they are surround by lots of others and it’s just too much. It looks really good with my other pieces though. Adds texture.

This is the piece that I bought for myself. I actually bartered for it! First time ever. It was priced $8 and I paid $6. See big spender. It has wonderful color to it and I love the urn shape.

I kind of kept expecting to turn a corner and see Eddie Ross though. I even sort of looked around and tried to find things that I thought he might buy. I don’t know why it’s hard for me to branch out into other things. I kind of get tunnel vision for old cameras and milk glass. I’m trying though. And I got a funnel cake! All in all it was a good trip.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: