Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dog and Cat Puppet Kit

A few weeks ago I came across some of these kits on Clearance at Wal-Mart for about $9. I thought it was a pretty good price, not great but pretty good. Originally I thought the kits had three different puppets, and that would be $3 a puppet. Well it turns out it that the kit had four, so it was even better. I have wanted to make some hand puppets for my little one for a while now, but just hadn’t got around to it.


So far I have only made the one, but it’s pretty cute. I have to say though that the craft part kind of seemed . . . well un-crafty. The only part was assembly. That was it. I think I would have liked it better if there had been some way to customize the puppet. I do like that the basic construction is of a cloth version of a paper bag. Here you can see that it has some kind of light interfacing. Pretty smart. Maybe I will try to make some fabric bags of mine own.


Overall though, I think it was still a good buy and some cute puppets.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh how I love Martha. :)

Pregnantly Plump said...

Those are really cute! Poor Little Elvis is stuck with "Socky" an old trouser sock of Bob's that I sewed eyes on. One eye fell off, and that must make him more lovable. Yesterday, we couldn't find Socky and Little Elvis tried to take Bob's socks off as soon as he got home!
Hope your little guy likes puppets as much as Little Elvis does.