Remember this post and this post. Well I finally finished the bag. Yes, that means that I have been working on this bag for two months. It’s a little wonky and has some puckered places, but I finally finished it. I used this Tote Bag pattern from JCarolineCreative. I thought this was going to be an easy pattern, but it was not. It probably would be for a more experienced sewer. Probably the hardest part was trying to maneuver the stiff bag around my machine. I do like the feel of the heavy interfacing though. I just think it might have been easier if I used the same kind, except the one that you can iron on.
I did learn a lot. Actually this was the first time sewing in a zipper and I think it went pretty well.
Here is the part where I sewed the needle to the bag. Classic!
I know I have another bag pattern already cut out, but I’m not sure that I will make it the same way. I think it’s going to be a project that I’m going to put off for a while anyway. I will have to find something else to make with the beautiful Moda Wonderland Tea Time that I have. At least this project didn't turn out like this one.