Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sling Sack

Here is another bag I actually finish! And it only took me a couple of hours! It is the Sling Sack that is pictured on the cover of Sew What Bags by Lexie Barnes. I actually finished this bag before I made the Party Bag using the Tiny Tote pattern. I surprised myself because I didn’t notice that the Sling Sack is a pro skill level. Really it was pretty easy. It did take me a little of adjusting because of the fabric cord. I decided to use my 1” bias seam maker to make the cord. That might not have been the best route but I liked the results. I also adjusted the pattern by making the outside pockets large enough to hold sippy cups. I wanted a bag that would be pretty hands free that would hold the essentials like keys, diapers, snacks, etc. without taking the whole bag. If I had it to do all over, I might make the straps long enough to go across my body instead of hanging off my shoulder. I’m short folks and it still hangs a little high. But oh well, I think it would work. Love the fabric. Both came from remnant piles!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: