Monday, April 6, 2009

A little adventure, an introduction, and loads of fabric

Let me start out by explaining the little adventure part. I have wanted to try my hand at making these cute little eggs, but after a look at my small fabric stash (I say small because it’s only about a foot high and after seeing some pictures of other’s stashes recently I say its small) I decided that I didn’t have bright enough colors. It was also about the end of the week and I had yet to do my weekly grocery shop. I had heard rumor (actually had tried to track one down online) of a fabric shop of some sort near by. My Tom-Tom said that it was only four miles away, so I should have plenty of time to stop by before going to the grocery. Well, an two hours later I pulled into the Ingles parking lot to discover that I had left my coupons on the floor by the door on my way out. Although I saved an Eastern Box Turtle and enjoyed some very beautiful views, I never actually made it into the fabric shop. I think I got there but it was way out of town next to someone’s house on a dirt road and there was no business sign out front. And there was a dog barking in the drive way. No, I am not that brave. So, I had no fabric and no groceries.
I went back to the grocery store that evening with coupons, but today I finally decided to give up on my dreams of fabric as far as the eye can see and just go to Wal-Mart. While I was there trying to figure out if I should get the cute little red fabric from the quarter’s section, a nice lady walked up and asked if I was a quilter. I thought ‘oh no, is she going to ask me a question I don’t know the answer too.’ I have been amazed at how many people have stopped me in stores to ask advice like where the lemon juice is and when should I start feeding my baby solid food (both of which I knew the answer too) . . . so I replied that I don’t really know enough to be. She told me about a local quilting bee that meets once a week and invited me to join them! How cool is that? I don’t know if I will actually get to go, but it would be lots of fun.
I ended up getting quite a lot of fabric. I also picked up some strap stuff, and batting. I’m especially excited about getting this pattern. It’s Simplicity Pattern # 2617 from Creative Little Daisy! I love her bags and the fabrics she chooses. You should stop by and tell her congratulations! And by the way there was only one left so you better hurry and pick up yours!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: