Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bookworm Party: Shirt


I think the idea of having a special birthday shirt is a great idea. Even though I didn’t use the bookworm image for the invitations or even a lot of the decorations, I really thought it would be a neat and easy idea to use it for the birthday shirt. I used a regular prewashed cotton shirt, Liquitex Basic acrylic paint, and Delta Ceramcoat Textile Medium.

The directions on the textile medium says mix 1 part medium to 2 parts Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint. Although I have used the textile medium before, this was the first time that I used it with Basic. I still haven’t washed the shirt so I’m not sure how it will hold up verses other textile paint. You are also supposed to let it dry for seven days and then heat set with an iron. I waited 24 hours, let it be worn for the party, waited another week or so and then heat set it per the instructions. I also have to admit that I didn’t measure. How you are supposed to measure paint is beyond me. I just eyed it. I think I might do a light hand wash and then put it away.

I used basic green and yellow to get the different shades of the worm. I used black for the stripes, glasses and eyes. I used the end of my paint brush to make the circles for the eyes.

My favorite part of this project is hiding the age. Can you see it?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Very cute! We made Little Elvis a one year old onesie last year, and got so many compliments on it. It sounds like the party was a great success!