Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Head Band Project

I want to make a headband. I tried a few weeks back to make a quick one myself, but my sewing machine decided it was a bad idea. So after having to wait a few weeks to be able to pick up a new bobbin case, I have given in a little more thought. I’m afraid that this new sewing project will turn out the way of the fabric balls or the bag. I decided to look at different tutorials instead of just going it on my own. Here are some of the ones I have found:

Foofangle’s Best Band Ever

Altered Cloth: DIY Headband Collection
Notes: 5 different tutorials

HELLO My Name is Heather: Hooray for Headbands
Notes: Elastic hidden by ties

Chicken Coop Crafts Fabric Headband Tutorial
Notes: with ribbon ties

The Long Thread: Reversible Headbands

Old Red Barn Co.: Headband Tutorial
Notes: no printable pattern

Savy Seams
Notes: Two Tutorials used by Homemade by Jill


Now I just have to pick one. Any helpful suggestions before I start? I figured it was better to ask before this time instead of after?

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love Heather's headband, but what do I know? I mess up straight seems on curtains. :)

Liz said...

Did I spell that right? Seems? Seams? Oh well. :)

Lainey-Paney said...

coooool!