Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Woodpecker

I was so excited yesterday when I saw this at my birdfeeder. Actually, this isn’t what I saw but it was the only birds I didn’t scare away when I got my camera. I first noticed a bright almost orange woodpecker (that I later realized was a Red-bellied Woodpecker and about four other woodpeckers that looked like this one pictured. When I moved to grab my camera they flew away.

I have been searching the web, but can’t seem to find an image that looks like either the woodpecker or the other little bird. Finally I came across this website that had different pictures so I could compare.

I think it might be a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

I would love to know what the cute little green bird is also. Any ideas? Maybe this or this?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liz said...

What a fabulous picture!