Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland in Milk Glass

With the help of my personal shopper, my local thrift, and some generous benefactors I have amassed quite a collection of milk glass vases. My husband is looking a little nervous. He has already told me that I can’t have any more dishes, but he never said anything about milk glass or vases. Hey, a gal’s got to have something. Well, I figure that if I actually use them then he can’t say anything right?

I thought it would be really cute to put the small milk glass pieces on the window seal in the kitchen. So after holding the pretty pink roses, on the window seal they went, with some little purple flowers that I pulled from my crafting stash. They were ok for a little while, but not very festive. So I thought I would run to Michael’s and get some little poinsettias or those little decorative sprigs. They didn’t really have anything that fit the bill. Everything was too big, too small, too gaudy, or too over priced; until I found these springs of holly. I bought two bunches for around $2.99 a piece (and I think they were half off of that too), and took them home and begin to take them apart. I then make my own little bunches and wrapped them with brown floral wire that I again pulled from my crafting stash. I think they turned out really nice.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Samantha said...

So pretty!! And very festive! :)

Pregnantly Plump said...

I think they look great! I love milk glass too.