Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Lights Review

We decided to go with LED lights for the tree this year. We purchased two boxes of at the Wal-Mart as a spur of the moment sort of thing. Well, I must say that I’m not really happy with them. I had heard that LED’s had gotten better this year; that they looked less harsh. So we thought we would give them a try. It will save us on the energy bill (or at least make us feel less guilty when we leave them on all day.)


I just don’t see it. These things are not white, they are blue. I don’t remember them looking like this in the store. They probably did, but I just couldn’t tell it with the fluorescents. Or maybe it’s because our ornaments are a little bit more homemade looking. We decided to leave the glass balls off the tree this year.

Also it doesn’t help that we could have used another 60 count bulb box. The top looks nice, but the bottom kind of looks like a flying saucer. You can kind of see it in the below picture. Notice how nice the top looks, and the see the two big rings around the bottom. If we had went with the colored lights it might look like Vegas . . .

The very up side is that I really feel like these lights are safe. You don’t have to be afraid about a little one touching the tree with these on. They have been on all day, and are still cool to the touch. I would have bought them for this reason, even if I had known that they would look blue.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Thanks for the review of LED lights. We're always looking for ways to cut down our energy consumption.

Sarah and Jack said...

We put up LEDs one year. After 3 day I made David take them down. LOL