Friday, December 19, 2008

And now for something different

After sharing yesterday’s ornament, well I just don’t have one as cute to share. So I thought that I would show a non felt ornament. This is one of the small plaster ornaments that you get to paint yourself. I painted this several years ago, and it’s held together every year. There is something very therapeutic about painting these small ornaments. One year I painted so many I got a tunnel thumb. Not kidding. These are great because basically it’s like coloring in the lines. They don’t cost much to make, and you don’t really need a lot of supplies. Just some paint, a couple of good brushes, a plate to put the paint, and a little cup of water. My favorite paint plate is a little flat saucer from a thrift and a sleeping beauty jelly jar. See, very cheap.

Anyway, I was thinking what a great idea it would be to have a couple of spare ornaments on your tree. That way when a special guest came over, you could share an ornament. I think this would be great if you were having a Christmas party or something of the like. Yes, I know that it would mean that you would then have holes in your beautiful tree, but what a nice gesture and special memory made. I may not get to that this year, but if I keep making ornaments I think by next year I will have plenty!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: