Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Heart Felt Thank You

Peace does not come without war.

“In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace.”
Ulysses S. Grant

“From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.” Thomas Jefferson


“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.” John Stewart Mill

“Freedom isn't free.” Anonymous

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” George Orwell


“We make war that we may live in peace.” Aristotle

To all the Veterans and their families who serve, thank you

3 comments:

Liz said...

I passed by my grandfathers' pictures in the hallway this morning, both of them wearing their uniforms in WWII. Both served in the Pacific. I wish they were still around for me to thank them.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Cool post, thanks for remembering the brave men and women who make the unselfish choice.
e- mail me and I will get to you on the venison thing.
mom.zoo5@yahoo.com

Sarah and Jack said...

:-) I should go call my dad.

BTW, I will probably just take the tins off that blasted wreath and try and find a different (more readable) way to use them. I dont want to use a stronger glue that would be permanent (which is what Dave suggested), b/c I really dislike the thing and the tins are not so cheap. LOL