Friday, October 24, 2008

It's My Birthday


That’s right. Today is the big day that I turn 30. I thought I would be all freaked out but I’m not. Actually, I am quite excited. So I thought I would start off the celebration by coming up with 30 random things about me. Well random things that I haven't all ready talked about, or that I talk about a lot. Which means I can't talk about Martha, Milk Glass, or Crafting. So here it goes:

1) I love Cherry Hershey's Kisses. If I eat one I have to eat ALL of them. I guess it's a good thing they are limited edition.

2) I HATE doing dishes. I can't stand dirty sink water. Ughhhh

3) I didn't learn how to run a dish washer until I was in my early 20's . . . and only after I accidently flooded my best friend's parents kitchen while house sitting. I quickly learned that you can NOT put in liquid dish soap, but they had a very clean floor when they came home.

4) I have never rolled someone's house. There was one failed attempt while in high school that just resulted in me jumping in a ditch and narrowly avoided being discovered by a passing car.

5) I can jump off the side of a pool perfectly, but I can't jump off of a diving board.

6) I did jump off a two story high bank into a river though! (Or as John Reeps says reiffer.)

7) I am five feet half an inch tall!

8) I can play the clarinet.

9) I can sing most of the words from 9 out of 10 oldie songs on the radio.

10) The one and only time I went "tubing" I was attacked by a giant hairy "tarantula" (I really don't know what it was, but it was huge.)

11) My husband likes to make fun of me because when there are yellow jackets or bees around me I make a funny face and walk really fast in a circle and say yeeee . . . in my defense it works.

12) I'm allergic to ants.

13) I learned to use a cash register when I was five years old.

14) I can also count back change backwards.

15) I'm a fifth generation native of my hometown.

16) I get pissed off when people make fun of my southern accent, especially when they live south of the Mason Dixon. Just sayin!

17) When I plan vacation or trips, I always pick places that seem to be popular with senior citizens. I think it's because I like places with history.

18) I put salt on watermelon, and apples, and oranges, and cantaloupe, and grapefruit. . . I don't put sugar on any fruit.

19) I HATE fake or frozen strawberries. I will only eat fresh ones.

20) The only (known) food that I will not eat is chicken and dumplings. (My husband says that I wouldn't eat Indian food or "ar-ach-a-nids"! I've tried Indian food and would eat it again in a pinch. Arachnids, however, are NOT food, regardless of what Bear Grylls says.)

21) I'm afraid of snakes.

22) I think Clowns are evil.

23) I think I have cute feet.

24) 24 is my favorite number.

25) I made my little cousin eat glue once, and she still remembers it.

26) The farthest west I have been is Biloxi, Mississippi (see number 17).

27) My favorite movie of all time is Jaws!

28) One year I dressed up as Mr. T for Halloween. It. Was. Awesome!

29) I think I have the best family in the whole world!

30) And I'm excited to turn 30! Who would have thunk it?
So there it is. 30 Random things that it has taken 30 years to learn.

6 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Hapde Burfday!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I love you, but...you are so strange.
Happy belated birthday!
Angel

Pregnantly Plump said...

Happy birthday!! (Sorry I'm late, finally catching up!)
We're just about the same age, I'm just a couple of months older.
And I completely agree with you about chicken and dumplings. I call it uncooked biscuit dough.
Hope you had a great day.

Samantha said...

Happy {belated!} Birthday! :)

Liz said...

Happy b-day and Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz

Anonymous said...

I think it is interesting that your favorite number is 24. My favorite number is 42. Ask your husband.