Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sister Daughter

My family will be having a sort of family reunion for the gals really soon, and I have been trying to think of a craft that we can do together. I would do beading, but after the last bead party and with the fact that there will be 12 ladies, I’m afraid that it will get too costly. Since it’s my idea I kind of feel like I should foot the bill. I was wondering if you crafty bloggers had any good ideas? I’m kind of at a loss. Here are the criteria

Craft needs to
1) Take no longer than about an hour and a half.
2) Not require lots of tools or equipment.
3) Be appropriate for ages 30-70. i.e. Not something too small or hard to hold with hands.
4) And not cost more than about $5.00 per person.

See why I am having so much trouble?

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

....I have no idea!

Pregnantly Plump said...

My mom got this idea after reading the Secrets of the Ya-ya sisterhood I think.
She bought cheap straw hats at the dollar store, and all sorts of different things for her friends to glue on them -- buttons, pins with funny sayings, jewels, etc. They were silly, but I know they had a lot of fun and she still has hers.
My church is trying to get the women to have cookie layering parties this year for a fundraiser.
You get Ball jars and layer in the dry ingredients of favorite cookies, then attach the recipe so people know which wet ingredients to add and how long to bake them.
That's about all I've got. Hope your party is fun!