Sunday, October 5, 2008

Flea Market Finds


Last Sunday (the day after my alone trip to the thrift store) we made a trip to the local flea market. We have been going every few weeks, mainly to get out of the house. This time I was glad that we went. I think I lucked out twice in one weekend! Isn’t that suitcase cute! The inside is kind of crappy, but the rest is in good shape and for $3 I thought it was a good price so it came home with me! I also found some more vintage notions. They weren’t as cute as the one’s from the thrift, but the price was right.

I do think the bias tape is pretty cool though. I don’t think you can buy it like that now. I thought the D hooks and zippers might come in handy. Maybe my thriftiing luck is turning!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

That seam binding is cute! What a fun trim. My mom picks up vintage notions for me at estate sales and I love most of it, although I realized the hard way that vintage thread should just stay on the wooden spool... what a mess.

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, that suitcase is soooo cute!

Polly said...

Thanks for writing this.