Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not So Thrifty?



Well, I did it. I braved the thrift. I decided that I needed to go the Goodwill to see if I could find something to paint for the Paint Party at Joys of Home. Well, I do have something things of my to-do paint list, but I needed an excuse reason to go. So off I went. I even stayed longer than the usual 15 minutes. And.this.is.it . . . I honestly don’t know how you guys find all those great things. I don’t know how many times I walked up and down the isles. The only thing that looked good enough to paint was this silver bowl for $4.14. I thought the fruit basket was a good find at $1.51. I really don’t understand their price system. I did see a cute flower vase with some kind of ugly purple flowers in it. $12! What!! I also found a finial from Pier 1 with the price sticker on the bottom that said the original price was $14.99 that was priced at $7. I thought I found a keeper when I saw another urn with a leaf motif until I noticed that the price was $8. I couldn’t believe it. I use to be able to find good deals at thrift stores, but this really seemed high to me. I just don’t think that things should be half off the original price at a thrift store. When I was telling my husband about this he thought it was funny that I was complaining that the prices at the Goodwill were too high. I would like to know what you guys think. Do you think this is high? Do you see prices like this at your thrift stores?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jerusalem said...

Yes, Goodwill and Savers can get really high sometimes. I kinda think there should be cap, a flat price system, like the Dollar Tree. I have literally laughed out loud at some of the prices at Goodwill. Are they nuts or something?

Sarah and Jack said...

Goodwill is ridiculous. And even more so lately. I have nearly totally stopped going there. Try and find yourself a "church lady" thrift store, they are much better.