Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I got an Award!


My first award! I can’t believe it. And I think it is even more special that it came from the first blog that I ever read, Meredith at Pregnantly Plump. She makes the cutest videos of her little boy. We actually have a lot in common. Just one of the many things is our shared appreciation for Elvis. I played all Elvis songs at my wedding, and she calls her adorable son “Little Elvis.” I can’t wait to see what cuteness he is up to next.

This award comes with rules.

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link “Arte y pico” blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules.

I decided to pick the blogs that inspire me the most. Here they are in no particular order:

--Jerusalem at My Little Life - I have posted before how much I heart Jerusalem’s Blog. She is so creative and crafty! Hopefully with her helpful suggestions and inspiration, one day my house will look half as cute as hers.

--Sarah at The Misadventures of Sarah and Jack - Sarah finds the most amazing things! I wish I was a quarter as lucky as her at thrifting! Not only that, she sent me my first vintage table cloth! And it was my favorite color, green! I think I’m hooked.

--Lainey Paney at Life Is Just So Daily - I think this was the second blog I ever read. Lainey has a great since of humor, and shares some of the greatest stories. Some of the stories are very personal, and probably not the easiest thing to share. I admire her so much for being able to do that, and I know that it’s made an impact on me.

--Lera at The Sky is Pink - She sews, thrifts, makes soap, cans, collects Pyrex, and has six kids. How she finds the time to do all that and take care of six children I don’t know. If I keep reading maybe I will figure it out and actually get some stuff done!

--Liz at Mabel’s House - There are so many things about Liz’s blog that I like. She shared chapters from a book she has written (which is pretty awesome!), and she has the cutest vintage style! In fact I showed some of the pictures from her blog to my personal shopper. That’s how I got so many great things. Thanks Liz!

For some reason this has been really hard for me to write. It was hard to describe all the things I have come to enjoy about reading your blogs, and I guess it’s because reading them has come to mean so much to me. I have learned so much from each of you. Thank you all so very much!

And thank you Meredith! Without reading your wonderful blog, I would have never decided to try and have one myself. And thank you for the wonderful award!

6 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! Sa-weeeet!

thanks!thanks!thanks!

Now...um...I don't know if I can comply with the rules... I don't know how to incorporate the links like everyone else does.
I can type like a maniac. It's the technical stuff that kicks my rear.

lera said...

Thank you, Lisa. What an honor!!

Sarah and Jack said...

Awww, thank you!

Pregnantly Plump said...

You're welcome! Glad you liked the award. I love seeing all the crafty things you do. Maybe some day I'll get my act together and start really making things again!

Liz said...

Lisa, thank you so much! That was such a pick-me-up this afternoon, it's been a hard day! You really brightened it.

Jerusalem said...

Thanks mucho mucho - I am going to do my best to post about it soon and pass on the love! you are the bestest!!