Friday, August 29, 2008

Fresh Baked Bread

A few weeks back, during one of my frugal moments I attempted to make my first pan of white bread. At the time I thought it would save us money, because the ingredients are pretty cheap. I had also seen several other bloggers making beautiful loafs of their own. I think making fresh white bread maybe more regular for people in other parts in the country, but not here. Here our fresh bread comes in two types: biscuits or a pone of corn bread. So it’s no wonder that after following this recipe, my bread came out about an inch high and hard as a brick. So how did I come by these lovely loaves?






With help from my lovely in-laws bread machine, that’s how. I decided to give up and given in. I couldn’t very well save money if I had to keep trying could I? Now the problem is how in the world do you slice a loaf of bread without smushing it? Any hints?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

That looks great! I've been attempting wheat bread -- my first loaf was short and very dense. My second was a little better. I got a new recipe for the third, but haven't tried it yet. We don't have access to a bread machine, so it probably won't look so pretty.

Bobbie said...

I love fresh made bread-
but cant make it myself.... maybe I'll keep trying.... I really like it....

Lainey-Paney said...

electric cerated knife

Trina said...

LOL lainey-paney beat me to it, but yes, an electric serrated knife.

Thanks for the feedback on my bloggy makeover!