Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Personal Shopper

I have no luck at yard sales or thrift stores. I think it’s because when I go I look for 5 minutes and I’m ready to go. More often then not I don’t find a thing. There really is a finite time I can spend in a thrift store. I start to get the hebby jebbies. Don’t get me wrong I love thrift stores finds. Some of the best blue jeans I have ever had come from a $5 bag sale at my home town thrift, but as I have gotten older after about 5 minutes in one and my hands start to feel dirty. At 15 minutes I am ready to bolt for the car and my orange scented hand sanitizer. And that’s why I have a personal shopper. That’s right. I have a personal yard sale/thrift store/flea market shopper! And boy am I lucky. My personal shopper has never met a sticker price that she can’t beat. Ok, that’s not exactly true. I may be exaggerating just a little, but she is pretty amazing.

My personal shopper has been attending the 127 yard sale, or the Worlds Largest Yard Sale, for the past couple of years now. This year I sent her with a list. A 10 page list with full color pictures. I was not disappointed . . .






I never thought she would actually find this cake pan. I saw it on an antique website for $30. I LOVED it. My personal shopper sent me this picture and asked if $3.00 was too much. It has the obvious ding and didn’t have a matching base. When I called her back, she said that it was all ready gone . . . because she had bought it. I didn’t fall for it. She has gotten me way too many times. Later on she found one in better condition with a base for $12! So I not only get one but two!!

So what’s left on my list? Dishes from Taylor Smith Cathay Retro Atomic Collection, Pink or Green Depression Glass Serving pieces, and Pink Pyrex. I love my Sissy Personal Shopper!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

aren't the bright white dishes made of "milk glass"? I love that stuff!

The mixing bowls up there like Grandma had....
true treasures!!!!

Liz said...

Um, my head is spinning. I dont know what is more exciting; the great finds, the cheap prices, or the fact that you have a personal shopper!!!!!! Awsome! :)

Sarah and Jack said...

Wow, that is nice of her to do that. (And you should go with her one year. That 127 sale is a lot of fun, and makes for very nice bonding time.) :-)