Monday, July 7, 2008

Jerusalem Thank You!

On June 30th I posted a question to Jerusalem of my little life on her post titled Summer Fluffin. First let me starting off by saying that I had been so inspired by all of Jerusalem’s pictures of her home. Her beautiful wall paint color, white crown modeling, green cabinet doors, Kodak brownie camera (which I have two of!) on the mantel . . . I could go on and on. And don’t forget her beautiful painted lamp from my last post. One thing I really like about Jerusalem’s blog is that she shows where she gets her inspiration from, and while I love everything I just can’t see it in my house. I really don’t know how to describe by house. We haven’t really been here that long, and while usually I think I have a pretty good eye . . . I just don’t know where to start. Here is my not so blank palette:

Posted by Picasa

Yes I still have up my pine trees from Christmas and that is a floor lamp without a shade in the right corner, so you see why I had to ask Jerusalem this question:
"I love how you decorate. I think mainly it’s because you use three of my all time favorite colors of pink, green, blue. I also appreciate how you show us were you get your inspiration from, like designers, magazines, and other places. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind giving me some suggestions. I NEVER see anything that remotely looks like my house, or the look that I’m going for, which is what I would call Rustic Woodland or Mountain. Everything I see is the lodge look or has moose or bears on it, which is not what I’m going for. I thought maybe you could give me some good places too look. I hope this isn’t too big of a question. "

I never expected such a lengthy detailed reply. She was so generous to put such effort into helping me out. And she was extremely helpful. She gave so many good suggestions, that I haven’t begun to look at them all. Look at how gorgeous!!!





And there is more, so much more. You HAVE to go look at The List. I can’t tell you, Jerusalem how excited and appreciative I am that you took such time in answering my question. I know that it took me a little while to reply back, but it was because I was so overwhelmed at your generosity I just needed to let it all sink in. Thank you sooo much!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jerusalem said...

Oh yea!! I am SO glad that The List was helpful! That is exactly what I hoped it would be : ) I can't wait to see what magic you spread on your "not so blank pallet!" I am sure it is going to be absolutely lovely!