Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July Part 1

I know that it has taken me a few weeks to post about it, but I was a busy bee right up until the fourth of July. The reason why is because I was going to be a participant in a silent auction. I was really excited and not just because it was for a good cause, but it was going to be the first time that I had sold any of my stuff. Well, not technically. Technically, I sold my first crochet necklace for a quarter when I was like 6 years old. Anyway, I had decided to donate two of my bags, and make a bunch of 4th of July star garlands. Here are my bags:
Posted by Picasa
I was excited because I was going to have feed back on my stuff. And I felt so legitimate. I had business cards (well ones that I designed and printed) and labels for the bags. Hello, crafting world, here I come! . . .

Ok, so not really. I think my jute bag went for $5, and someone made a bid for $10 for the cotton sling bag but wrote it on the wrong auction sheet so it didn’t sell. Not quite the big entrance I had envisioned. More on the garlands in 4th of July Part 2.

2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Congrats on the silent auction! The bags look great. I like your tags!

Liz said...

I think they're lovely!!!