Thursday, March 13, 2008

Want a piece of cake?



Posted by Picasa
Here is the long awaited towel cake! Finally finished. Unless I decide to tweak it. Hope she likes it. The roses are handmade coffee filter roses from the Martha show. Very hard to make. Well not really more like time consuming, but they are worth it. I was going to make a tutorial, but trying to figure out how to hide the blue towels was way to confusing. Yes, that's right. There are blue towels, washcloths and hand towels in there some where. What do you think?

3 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I've never heard of a towel cake before, but that is really pretty! And the flowers look so real.

Lainey-Paney said...

that's so awesome!

Samantha said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the comment on the diaper cake! I love YOUR towel cake - I'm going to have to remember that for my sisters when they get married! I mostly used the information that I gleened from taking one apart, but I got the decoration idea (flowers, etc.) from a picture on Jill's blog. I think she has a tutorial on her site, but if not, just google diaper cakes... there are some really neat ones out there including a castle! I'm going to (attempt) to make a palm tree one for another upcoming shower. :)