Saturday, February 23, 2008

To do list

There are a ton of things that I need to start crafting on, so I thought that I would add a little more motivation and post about them here.

One of my good friends is getting married, and I really want to make her a chocolate towel cake for her shower. I got the recipe from here and here. I really like the cakes from Hold the Flour. I have the towels and ribbon, and have done a test run of the folding. It doesn’t seem to be working out quite right yet. I’m not sure how I’m going to decorate it yet either. I might use kitchen utensils, but that seems wrong with bath towels. I also thought about using handmade roses. I made some for Mother’s day, and they came out so well that my sister-in-law (who is a horticulturist) had to look close to see that they weren’t real! I wouldn’t have thought about it but I saw on Homemade by Jill that she hosted a baby shower and decorated a diaper cake with them. (By the way I decorated for my Mom’s birthday almost the same way as she did for the baby shower, except I used the coffee filter roses for center pieces!)

I also have three friends who are all expecting! I keep wanting to make things for them, but I have to wait and see what they are going to have. Can’t wait . . .
My husband also has a friend whose wife just had a baby girl. I thought that I might attempt to make baby shoes and send them to her. If they turn out ok, I just might make four more pair (the fourth being for my little boy).

So you see, lots to do, lots to do . . . so why am I blogging?

If you have any suggestions about the towel cake, leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I've never heard about a towel cake, but it sounds fun! And I would love to see pics of your flowers.